[mythtv-users] Use of ATRPM repositories ? (Myth on Fedora via wiki instructions)

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 01:41:01 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 22:26 -0500, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Most people installing MythTV are installing it on a dedicated front or
> back end.  In those cases, it is highly recommended to install Fedora,
> then install MythTV.

I am installing myth on my development computer.  I hope to tackle the
channel changing speed in the near future.   I want to start with the
rpm to use it as a benchmark.

I'll install source and the various header rpms once I get the rpm
installed and working.

I develop other software on this computer.  I need it to stay a working
and stable Fedora installation.

>  If you wish to install any other non-everything
> software, enable the other repositories that you need.  If you find
> conflicts, you will need to deal with them as you find them.

<snip>

> I've learned how to use yum in shell mode to correct a number of my
> conflicts, the rest are handled with excludes in particular .repo files.
>
> PIL vs python-imaging
> faac
> faad
> mplayer
> ffmpeg
>
> have all caused me grief over the last 2 years.

How about some examples of how you handled them ?  Why do these packages
conflict with the Fedora versions ?  Will MythTV compile and run
properly with the Fedora versions ?