[mythtv-users] OT: Anyone in the Wichta KS area getting OTA?

George Mari george_mythusers at mari1938.org
Thu Nov 13 04:27:16 UTC 2008

Mr. James Purl wrote:

> Off-topic, sorry. But maybe I can find like-minded individuals on this
> list to help....
>
> My wife and I are considering dropping cable.  We currently have both
> DirecTV (for Sunday Ticket) and cable. We are considering beefing up our
> antenna system, getting an HDHR, and turning off cable.
>
> I was wondering if anyone in the Wichita Area has suggestions on antenna,
> pre-amp and/or distribution amp equipment to drive a total of four to six
> inputs (the HDHR, 2 PCI HD cards I already have working with QAM and
> maybe a couple direct to our HDTVs).
>
> I've got some things in mind (by using antennaweb and tvfool)--just
> searching for any anecdotal recommendations.

Not trying to discourage anyone on the list from responding, but
avsforum.com has an HDTV OTA reception thread for every major market in
the US in their HDTV forum.  I checked, and there is one there for Wichita.

If it's anything like the one for Chicago that I follow, you'll find
plenty of knowledgeable locals willing to give you advice, not to
mention the thread archives you can search.