[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Nov 13 14:28:57 UTC 2008

Wendel, Ryan wrote:
>> I've seen some posts about problems with interlacing on nVidia
>> cards, but I've been unable to pick up exactly what the problem
>> is. Please can someone give a brief explanation? Is it only
>> a problem with TV out, or would cause problems with the VGA to Scart
>> trick? Is there any signs of it's being fixed?
>
>> Cheers,
>> 	Paul.

Thanks for the reply.

> Start here...
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Deinterlacing
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_playback_filters
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Using_playback_filters

I don't think those apply for the way I have my system set up I just
want to play PAL content on a PAL TV so I avoid using a deinterlacer
and need the graphics card to maintain the interleaving on VGA so
there's almost no processing at all.

> I too have an nvidia card and am experiencing some issues. LiveTV looks HORRIBLE right now for me. I just ordered a new video card, I'm hoping this helps. I also think I need to update my nvidia drivers. I believe I am using the legacy drivers (173.14.12) when I should be using the current ones (177.82). My video card is coming in today and I'll know more about this tonight.
>
> I'm gonna grab the source from http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html to perform my driver upgrade.
>
> I'm also using an HVR-1600 which apparently, is still pretty new. The drivers may be the issue regarding LiveTV for me. Playback of videos outside of LiveTV is fine (for me).

Strange to have a difference between recorded programs and live. I
thought the frontend treaded those in a very similar way, although
I've heard lots of reports of problems. live TV has worked fine
for me on two VIA-based ITX boards I've tried.

Cheers,
	Paul.