[mythtv-users] Recording stopped working

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Nov 13 17:29:59 UTC 2008

On 11/13/2008 10:00 AM, mat wrote:
> My Mythbackend has very recently stopped recording TV programmes. I can
> watch live TV and record from there but If I had something to the
> schedules it simply ignores it.
>
> Also, programs that I had set to "Record anytime on this channel" (and all
> others) have stopped.
>
> When I show "upcoming recordings" I get nothing.
>
> If I add a recording to happen, for example, this afternoon - I still get
> nothing in upcoming recordings!
>
> Please help me!!!
>
> I have rebuilt my kernel on the backend and prior to that I'm pretty sure
> all was working well. Would a kernel rebuild (using the same configuration
> as before) have affected JUST this part of Mythtv?

If the capture card drivers are broken, yes (though that seems unlikely
because LiveTV is working.)

Do as others in the thread have recommended, first, then (assuming
drivers are fine) I'd recommend
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034 as it's
quite possible to have a broken capture card/input connections
configuration that works for a while, then all of a sudden (with no
user-initiated change), Myth just stops recording.

Mike