[mythtv-users] [mythtv] SVN-HD-PVR. Just before I destroy my system with an update....

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:58:27 UTC 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:

<snip>

> I am running two HD-PVR's on my backend. They work just fine. The only
> issue I have is that they sometimes swap devices on me and I can't
> find anything different enough about them to institute a udev rule to
> keep them from doing that. Every time I reboot my machine, I have to
> make sure the channel change script is changing the STB connected to
> the correct HD-PVR. Once that's done (it usually needs no
> modification), everything works fine.

As long as you are running the latest driver, you should be able to
key off of "ATTR{name}" and "ATTRS{serial}".

SUBSYSTEM=="video4linux",ATTR{name}=="Hauppauge HD
PVR",ATTRS{serial}=="00ABCDEF",SYMLINK+="hdpvr0"

John
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?