[mythtv-users] Live TV Problem - failed to get pginfo

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 06:50:14 UTC 2008

On 14/11/2008, scott at tbwifi.ca <scott at tbwifi.ca> wrote:
> >> My last few build attempts seem to have issues with LiveTV.  My
>  >> recordings
>  >> work fine and I can watch them on my PC frontend or on either of my
>  >> mvpmcs.
>
> The problem was too many sleeps in my channel changing script!!  For my
>  Dish / Expressvu receiver 0.5 secs is fine; not several seconds as a did
>  have.

You might also want to point out where those values came from
originally. In my limited experience cable STBs tend to default back
to the previously tuned channel's channel number if either a) they do
not receive a complete and valid channel number via an IR blaster or
remote control within a defined time, or b) the channel numbers are
input too quickly resulting in lost digits.

a) can be caused by having too long a sleep between successive digits
and/or final OK command. For my Virgin Media Samsung boxes (UK) I use
a sleep of 0.8s between digits and rarely miss a channel change.

b) can be caused by not having any sleep between successive digits.

Finding the correct balance for a channel change script can sometimes
be a challenge :)

Nick

--
Nick Morrott