[mythtv-users] FYI - New HW video accellAPI from NVIDIA

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Fri Nov 14 20:38:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Nicolas Will <nico at youplala.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 13:03 -0700, Travis Tabbal wrote:
> > Considering the cost of the supported GPUs, it seems that the 3Ghz
> > dual core CPUs are the way to go for now.
>
> A 8400 card is about $30 at Newegg, using passive cooling, without fan.
>
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121235
>
> and this one is among the expensive models, too much RAM on it.

Hmmm... I missed that, thanks for the pointer. It will be interesting to see
how it shakes out as NVidia debugs the driver. If one could use a $30 vid
card and a slowish CPU (1Ghz Single Core?) it would make a pretty cheap
frontend.

At that point, the case might be the most expensive single part. :)