[mythtv-users] How do you automatically set recordings as watched?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 14 22:15:30 UTC 2008

On 11/14/2008 05:09 PM, Scott Colbeck wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 11/14/2008 03:26 PM, Scott Colbeck wrote:
>>
>>> How do you automatically set a watched recording with the 'watched'
>>> flag?  The release notes for 0.21 state this can be set manual or
>>> automatically.  I can set it manually but would like it to be
>>> automatic.  I set the "Utilities/Setup->Setup->TV
>>> Settings->Playback->Automatically mark a recording watched" option but
>>> this does not seem to work.  Is this a bug or is there some other
>>> option to set?
>> I'll take a look at it.  It's quite likely I'm going to switch my dev
>> box over to -fixes to do some unrelated work, today, so I can work on
>> the watched flag stuff at the same time.
> Thanks.

Haven't fix it, yet, but I've confirmed it still exists on current
-fixes.  If it's really bothering you, disabling prompts makes it work.
Note there are 2 cases where you may be prompted on playback exit,
"Action on playback exit" and "Prompt at end of recording".

>   FYI, I have version 0.21.20080304-1 18704

Really, when quoting version, you're much better off posting the output
of "mythfrontend --version" or "mythbackend --version".  :)  Such as:

$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19097
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-21-fixes
Library API      : 0.21.20080304-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux profile using_oss using_alsa using_jack using_backend using_dbox2
using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_opengl_vsync
using_opengl_video using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc
using_xvmc_opengl using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_xvmc_pbuffer

(But in this case, I don't need version as it's been broken this way for
quite some time and still is.)

Mike