[mythtv-users] MythVideo not rescanning

OJ olejl77 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 06:54:37 UTC 2008

I was doing some testing today with 'clever' (@IRC).

I renamed a file in my /video folder. When I tried to Utilities/Setup
-> Video Manager, no rescanning occurred. I'm not 100% sure, but I
thought this was the way to do it (and also the way I used to do it)?
I also tried to move the file to a sub folder and a completely
different folder. No rescanning.

Only thing I noticed was this message on the frontend:

'Couldn't find object 'high' to inherit 'high' from'

Error message comes from 'mythtv/libs/libmythui/xmlparsebase.cpp', and
it makes the function MythUIType *XMLParseBase::ParseUIType return
NULL. I don't know if it is relevant though...

My system:
$ mythfrontend --version
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 19099M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.22.20081110-1
Network Protocol : 42
QT Version       : 4.4.3
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_backend using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv
using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_qtwebkit
using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads
using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg