[mythtv-users] mythplugins complile problem

scott at tbwifi.ca scott at tbwifi.ca
Sat Nov 15 07:29:02 UTC 2008

>  > I am running the Fixes Branch SVN on Mandriva 2008.1 64 bit.
>  > [...]
>  > /usr/local/include/mythtv/mythcontext.h:9:19: error: QObject: No such
> file
>  > or directory
>
> Looks like you played with trunk or installed something that had files
> from there. Your /usr/local/include/mythtv/mythcontext.h (and likely
> others) has Qt 4 includes. To build plugins you must install the
> associated mythtv build, you cannot reliably mix prefixes either (so no
> /usr and /usr/local, pick one).
>
> --
> Anduin Withers

Thank you for picking up my key issue.  Yes, I did try a newer SVN which
required QT4 and it didn't work with my mvpmc's.  I have reverted back to
the Fixes Branch and QT3.  What I seem to be struggling with is how to rid
my system of these sort of straggling problems.

I was able to get mythtv working following some pointers here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/356904?#356904

I don't understand why plugins seems to still have issues however.

Perhaps some of this may help sort things out:

[mythtv[at]mythbox mythtv]$ echo $PATH
/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin/:/usr/games:/home/mythtv/bin
[mythtv[at]mythbox mythtv]$ echo $QTDIR
/usr/lib/qt3
[mythtv[at]mythbox mythtv]$ which qmake
/usr/bin/qmake

my /etc/ld.so.conf is:

include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/lib
/lib64
/usr/lib
/usr/lib64
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/lib/qt3/lib64

I always build with ./configure --prefix=/usr which apparently is required
with Mandriva and 64 bit using SVN.  Refer to a much earlier post here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/305455?#305455

Refer to post number two of eight from Nick.
/usr/lib/qt3/lib

Any other thoughts are really appreciated.

Thx
Scott