[mythtv-users] Viewing mythtv "status" in shell

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 14:01:46 UTC 2008

On 15/11/2008, Bobby Gill <bobbygill at rogers.com> wrote:

> http://www.etc.gen.nz/projects/mythtv/mythtv-status.html

> I'm always fudging up installing source stuff, but this is what I get trying
> to run it:
>
> ~/installs/mythtv-status-0.9.0/bin # ./mythtv-status
> Can't locate XML/LibXML.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0
> /usr/share/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0
> /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib/perl5/core_perl
> /usr/share/perl5/core_perl /usr/lib/perl5/current
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/current .) at ./mythtv-status line
> 12.
>  BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./mythtv-status line 12.
> ~/installs/mythtv-status-0.9.0/bin #

Before trying to run a new Perl script, make sure you have the
required Perl modules. This script requires (looking at the top of the
script):

use LWP::Simple;
use XML::LibXML;
use Date::Manip;
use Getopt::Long;
use Text::Wrap;
use POSIX qw/strftime/;
use MIME::Entity;
use Pod::Usage;

Based on your error message, you will at least need to install
XML::LibXML. You can do this via CPAN, and your distro may also have
prebuilt binaries ready to install via your package manager.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: