[mythtv-users] I can't configure Hauppauge HD-PVR in mythtv-setup. help. . .

Steve Heistand steve at heistand.org
Sun Nov 16 01:15:31 UTC 2008

Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>, said on Sun Nov 16, 2008 [01:09:15 AM]:
} On 16/11/2008, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
} > On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 7:47 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
} > wrote:
} >
} > >
} > > On 16/11/2008, ryan patterson <ryan.goat at gmail.com> wrote:
} > >
} > > > I grabed the SVN trunk source for mythtv and compiled and installed it.
} > But
} > > > when I go into mythtv-setup I can't find the correct capture card type.
} > The
} > > > instructions Ii am following (
} > > > http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HD-PVR )
} > say
} > > > the card type should be named: "H.264 Encoder Card (HD-PVR)".  But I
} > don't
} > > > see that in the list.
} > >
} > > Did you patch the source code?
} > >
} > > --
} > > Nick Morrott
} > >
} > >
} >
} > For some reason, I was under the impression SVN trunk already had all the
} > HD-PVR relevant patches incorporated into it.  Can you point me in the right
} > direction for the patches I need?
}
} Checking http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5443 seems to support your
} impression. Can you confgure the card via the MPEG-2 Encoder Card
} selection as the ticket suggests?
}

did you include the option ton configure for mythtv of:

--dvb-path=/usr/local/src/hdpvr/linux/include

or whereever you put the files on your machine for the v4l stuff.

though this was a while ago when I built from svn for my hdpvr. things
may have changed.

--
"Why is it so hot inside this handbasket?"
steve at heistand.org