[mythtv-users] Time to take the next step...

Pat Pierce raker1000 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 04:33:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 8:47 PM, VCRAddict
<MythTV_01 at appropriate-tech.net>wrote:

> 3. - I'm currently using the A415-HPG-A remote control provided with one of
> my PVR-150 cards.  After much futzing around with the various (conflicting)
> config files that I found recommended for the Hauppage remotes, I achieved
> partial success -- the main navigational controls (Play, Pause, Skip
> Forward/Back, the four-way arrows & "OK" button, etc.) work -- but many of
> the more "minor" controls (such as the source selectors, or the four
> colored buttons at the bottom) do nothing, despite the fact that I can
> think of several things that would be worth doing.  I am aware that these
> functions are, to at least some degree, customizable; but after the hassle
> I had getting it working even this well, I was/am a bit gun shy about
> potentially violating the old "If it ain't broke..." rule.  Can someone
> give me (or point me to) a step-by-step "cookbook" approach to setting up
> the rest of these buttons?

I found that making your own remote config file does the trick better than,
as you call it, futzing around with those you find on the web. Check out
http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-8.html, and pay attention to
the section about irrecord. I, too, had my remote somewhat functional,
and then went through the process described there, and not only did
I get all the buttons working the way I wanted them, I learned something
in the process! :) Also, try google 'irrecord' for more info.