[mythtv-users] no working video renderer available (xvmc-blit)

mm44mm44 at gmx.net mm44mm44 at gmx.net
Sun Nov 16 19:09:27 UTC 2008

ursprüngliche Nachricht:
DATUM: Sonntag 16 November 2008, um 13:41
VON: Paul Gardiner Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net>
AN: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
BETREFF: Re: [mythtv-users] no working video renderer available (xvmc-blit)

> mm44mm44 at gmx.net wrote:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > I am almost desperate with my MythTV.
> >
> > I have installed Knoppmyth 5.5 on a Via Epia Me6000 Mainboard and I need
> > to use the onboard chipset CLE266 for video acceleration.
>
> Minimyth seems to work fine with these boards... not that I'm in
> any way suggesting there's anything wrong with Knoppmyth.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Paul.

Helly Paul

yes, I considered  Minimyth  as well, but it seems to bee only a (diskless)
frontend. But I need to run both backend and frontend on the same machine.

As in former times Knoppmyth (R5A30) was the first (and so far only)
distribution that made my Epia working for a while, I tried it again with
Knoppmyth, after I was not successfull with other distributions (Xubuntu,
Mythbuntu).

As the current installation passed over some major obstacles (connection to
MySQL, working DVB-t receiver, DVD playback through CLE266, ...) I am very
positive that I will pass this last issue (xvmc-blit not available) as
well.....

Do you think there is a way to import Minimyth's working version of Mythtv or
someother drivers in my installation?

kind regards

Raimund