[mythtv-users] Disable dpms in mythbuntu 8.10

Al McIntosh al at allanmcintosh.com
Sun Nov 16 22:43:31 UTC 2008

What a nuisance, the window manager used ignores the xorg settings and xset
configurations.

I had to:
1. Exit mythfrontend
2. Right click on the desktop, choose settings.
3. Select screen saver
    - Disable screen blanking
    - Enter power settings and slide all of the sliders to the far right so
they said *never*.

This appears to have stopped the screen from blanking...

Thanks...