[mythtv-users] howto use storcenter upnp?

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Mon Nov 17 04:03:56 UTC 2008

David L wrote:
> I'm abandoning hopes of getting my HVR-950 working with
> MythTv.  :(  So I'm recording show with the Windows app that
> came with it and putting the files on my Iomega Storcenter
> that has a UPnP media server.  How can I get mythfrontend
> set up to use that server?  I've gone through the mythtv-setup
> and can't figure out how to tell it about the storcenter.
>
> Thanks...
>
>                        Dave

you can try what I do for video I have NAS stored, under myth setup
there is the recordings directory you can change that to whatever you
want it to be.  say /home/yourname/video and mount your storcenter
shared folder there.  if you want it to mount on boot then you have to
store the mount in /etc/fstab   heres a link that will help you with
that......... its for ubuntu, youll have to google for your os
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Fstab

this is what I use in fstab
//freenas/nas/video /home/steve/video cifs username=steve 0 0

--
Steve Reilly

http://reillyblog.com

"Any people anywhere, being inclined, and having the power, have the
right to rise up and shake off the existing government, and form a new
one that suits them better."   Abraham Lincoln 1848