[mythtv-users] FYI - New HW video accellAPI from NVIDIA

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 10:09:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008 05:30:13 pm Nicolas Will wrote:
> > Dream setup :) 5.1 Sound over HDMI output with H.264 acceleration via
> > onboard hardware.
>
> Why stop at 5.1?
>
> "HD" audio formats are 7.1, are they not?

Dunno if there a std HD audio format, but yes - 7.1 would do fine!

> This is valid for various amounts of "time", though.

<grin>

In reality I would expect to see support for these to creep into myth over the
next year, maybe even dual support for nvidia and intel's new api.

All POOMA U of course :)

--
Lindsay
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~blackpaw1/album