[mythtv-users] Planned MythTV 0.22 user interface.

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 17:14:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> Colin McGregor wrote:
> > Story about the user interface planned for MythTV 0.22 can be seen here:
> >
> > http://www.gunaxin.com/new-mythtv-interface-preview/2424
> >
> > Looks great, my only question being how CPU hungry will the new interface
> be?
>
> Good question. I hope there will be options for people who prefer not to
> spend money on eye candy.
>
> I'd rather burn my CPU cycles playing back H264 HD program material, not
> making things look pretty, though I suspect I may be in the minority on
> that.

I didn't realize you looked the theme very much while watching TV.  Seems
like alot to do about nothing, much like people who gripe that something on
their PVR takes on a few extra megabytes on a system designed for gigabytes
of storage...

I'd like to see HDPVR-1212 support before flashy graphics, but that's
> just me.

It's available in the developer versions, just needs additional fine tuning.

Kevin