[mythtv-users] Planned MythTV 0.22 user interface.

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Mon Nov 17 18:08:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, November 17, 2008 9:32 am, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> The parts of the interface that have been ported over to the new UI
> are much snappier for me. Everything seems just a little smoother and
> more responsive and I can only imagine it to get better since it will
> be taking advantage of OpenGL acceleration on the video card instead
> of using the QT painter rendered on the CPU.

Does this mean OpenGL will now be a requirement?

All my current machines support it, so I guess it's OK either way, but I'm
curious if the QT painter will still be available.  I have an old VIA
frontend machine in the closet that I've been thinking of setting up
again, but if OpenGL will be required in the future there's no point in
wasting time on it.