[mythtv-users] Need some help tracking down problems

nowhere at cox.net nowhere at cox.net
Mon Nov 17 18:43:47 UTC 2008

Hey all,
I finally had to upgrade my old combined front/back end mythbox. It was an older MB with no available PCI slots and no SATA for a new TB drive. So I put together a dedicated backend with 1.2TB and my 2 old PVR-150s. I used the old system for a remote frontend and used mythbuntu 8.10 on both

I set up NFS on the backend on the music, pictures and video folders. The frontend connects fine and I can watch recordings fine. Problem is, very very frequents, we I move the cursor onto a recording, the description says the file is not available and I have to exit out to the main myth menu then back into the recorded programs and the file are available again.

Also, and I think it is related somehow, the remote quits responding while watching a video. A while later it will resume responding. Its a WinMCE USB remote and I set the led responding to key presses it just doesn't do anything. If I start trying to use the keyboard, it doesn't respond at first but then will start responding and most of time the remote will respond again.

I think the communication to the backend isn't working right and may be the source of both problems but I don't know how to track it down.
The front end is on a 802.11g card btw but I use pretty low quality Standard Def TV encoding so the video is plenty smooth with no interruptions.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Eric