[mythtv-users] more on recommendations for a tuner card

Eric Mesa ericsbinaryworld at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 20:38:42 UTC 2008

While not *technically* a card, the HD Homerun seems to fulfill all of my
requirements.  It has 2 tuners and, being external, it will "fit" into my
shuttle-like case.  Also, since it sends the info via the net, I can get
over the wife's complaint that the antenna looks ugly in the living room.

I've seen a lot people speaking highly of it on this mailing list.  So, what
I'd like to hear are the negatives.  Any frustrations you're having with the
box?  What does it not do that just pisses you off?  I have 6 computers on
my network.  Here and there I might have some heavy traffic - downloading a
Linux distro or some other such thing.  Will this mean that it will be worse
or harder to use the homerun on those days?

--
Eric Mesa
http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com