[mythtv-users] Why isn't LiveTV as smart as a regular recording?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Nov 17 21:01:42 UTC 2008

>> Part of the issue here is it affects only users that use mutirec, which
>> rules out most people in the U.S. from being able to code up and test a
>> fix.
>
> Not really.  I have 2 or 3 stations per frequency on my cable QAM from
> Comcast.  I just don't use LiveTV other than to test channels so I don't see
> the issue.

Yeah, but the issue is (at least the last time I looked into multirec)
that it is only supported on the DVB cards, which aren't what we use
here in the US. I'm not aware of any multi-rec enabled tuners that
function with either US digital broadcasts or US cable broadcast.
There was talk of enabling it on the HDHomeRun, but I haven't heard of
anyone getting that done yet.

--
Ron Frazier