[mythtv-users] Problem w/ nVidia drivers 177.80???

VCRAddict MythTV_01 at appropriate-tech.net
Tue Nov 18 10:29:43 UTC 2008

At 03:57 PM 11/17/08 -0500, Harry Devine wrote:

    [snip]

 > I'm not really 100% sure what version of nVidia driver
 > that's being used, but I'd like to say its either 169.12 or 173.  I seem
 > to remember one of those flying by.

I apparently missed part of this thread, so I'm not really sure what the
primary problem you're grapplig with is; but at least this part is pretty
easy to answer...  Just fire up Synaptic, and do a search for "nvidia";
then scroll down the resulting list of packages to the section where the
package names start with "nvidia-glx", and see which one is installed.

[This of course presumes that EnvyNG does not itself break the APT package
management system; but if it does, then *it* is horridly broken, and I
would suggest ditching it for that reason alone.]