[mythtv-users] Problems with scanned files and their metadata

Wendel, Ryan wendelr at uncw.edu
Tue Nov 18 13:57:41 UTC 2008

>> Do the multiple entries of the same scanned video file have different
>> absolute paths?

>> Nick Morrott

> I have seen this same behavior for a couple of months now -- and no, the entries for the > scanned file have the same absolute paths listed in the database. It's really strange, I > have had to go into the database to remove the extra entries.

> I also wonder if this is related to the issue (already has a ticket against this) where > you have to restart the frontend in order to see changes detected by the scan option....

> nasa

Sorry if this email doesn't get sucked into the original thread. The previous two replies didn't show up in my inbox. I had to find them at gossamer-threads. Hopefully the list admin can associate this post with the original thread (was started Nov 17, 2008, 6:18 AM).

Anyway, yes nasa hit the nail on the head. That is exactly the case...

I will just make a php script that removes duplicates from my database and put it into cron until the official fix comes out I guess.

-Ryan