[mythtv-users] nVidia interlace problem

Alex Butcher mythlist at assursys.co.uk
Tue Nov 18 14:56:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Glen Dragon wrote:

> I had a FX5200, and also had tearing on 1080i recordings.  I switched it to
> an 8800 GT (I don't recall why I put that card in there) and now I have no
> issues.
> My recommendation would be to get a new video card (nvidia) and not worry
> about it.

That's an unrelated issue, and is probably more to do with your vertical
sync settings rather than anything else. I've had tearing as well, but it
was easy to fix by:

- Enable OpenGL vsync in MythTV
- set SyncToVBlank=0, XVideoTextureSyncToVBlank=0 and
   XVideoBlitterSyncToVBlank=0 in $HOME/.nvidia-settings-rc
- run nvidia-settings -l from $HOME/.Xclients

Best Regards,
Alex