[mythtv-users] MythVideo bad file references

David Smiley dsmiley at mac.com
Wed Nov 19 01:20:43 UTC 2008

I just tried out the MythVideo feature with a DVD rip for the first
time today.  I chose to do a "perfect" copy.  I had my video storage
directory configured correctly and after the rip I found a hefty
"DW_DISC_3.vob" file sitting there.  I could play it with MPlayer
through the linux GUI by double-clicking it.  However, MythVideo is
confused.  There is no preview-picture of it, and it won't play it.
It seems that MythVideo thinks the name of this file is
"DW_DISK_3_001of" because that is what it displayed in the interface
for "File:".  That is wrong, I mentioned the actual file name
earlier.  Does anyone have an idea what's up and how I might fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
	David Smiley