[mythtv-users] upgrade backend from fc4 to fc9

James Armstrong james at thearmstrongs.org
Wed Nov 19 13:23:11 UTC 2008

I have my backend running on FC4 and is happily running along, but I
have found that it is time to update due to qt3-qt4 on svn mythtv and
I also wanted to get the latest kernel so I could use usb pvr. What is
the best and easiest way to upgrade without having to wipe everything?
I tried the yum upgrade route but got stuck on a few dependancies. Can
I boot the fc9 dvd or loopback the iso and somehow upgrade the os
without doing a clean install?

- James