[mythtv-users] upgrade backend from fc4 to fc9

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:55:20 UTC 2008

. Can
> I boot the fc9 dvd or loopback the iso and somehow upgrade the os
> without doing a clean install?

Not in my experience  (I failed to get from FC5 to FC8)  Now I don't
even bother trying but go for a clean install straight away.

What is it you don't want to wipe?    All you need from mythtv really
is the database  isn't it?  The tricky things (IMO) are the tweaks and
settings for things like ACPI wakeup, autologin, alsa, video etc, but
you'll likely find the FC4 way doesn't work in FC9 anyway.