[mythtv-users] Mind your P's & Q's!

freedenizen freedenizen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 16:38:50 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Brian Phillips <brian.phillips at gmx.net> wrote:
> The rampant HTML and Rich Text on this list forced my hand to set my client
> to 100% plain text, and I've never been happier.  I no longer have any rich
> text/html messages from mythtv-users.  I don't even notice when they come
> across anymore.
>
> Brian

Not to add to the traffic here, but one the reasons that HTML
formatted messages are not wanted is due to the size of the messages.
They greatly increase Issac's bandwidth usage when compared to plain
text messages.  While we can strip it at the client level, that
doesn't help in keeping the lists bandwidth down.  Of course neither
does this message.  I try to send people polite messages off-list when
I notice then sending HTML formatted messages.  Other things, like
top-posting, are much more difficult to get people to change.