[mythtv-users] No Audio for Analog Stations after update

genius9976 at yahoo.com genius9976 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 19 17:51:10 UTC 2008

My mythbox (frontend and backend) is running Fedora Core 9 and I recently did some updating and a few days later noticed that I wasn't getting any sound when I tried to watch analog Stations. The sound is working fine for the digital stations. Also, the sound is still working for old (transcoded) recordings from the analog stations, but not new (even transcoded) recordings from those stations.

I have a Hauppauge HVR-1800 for and a PVR-500 in this system. I didn't think I was supposed to get anything from the analog tuner in the HVR1800, but I can quite get bad looking video, also with no sound.  Both tuners on the PVR provide fine looking video with no sound.

I just updated the kernel to 2.6.27.5-37.fc9.x86_64 and mythtv to version 0.21.20080304-1 and installed ivtv-kmdl-2.6.27.5-37.fc9.x86_64 all via yum/atrpms

I have no idea what is causing this.  Maybe the PVR card has gone bad?  I thought it used to give me really bad video on one of the tuners, but they both look fine.  Maybe it switched problems...?

Thanks in Advance,
     -Scott