[mythtv-users] NVIDIA Video acceleration and myth

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 18:37:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Kelvin Smith
<kelvins at kelhome.dyndns.org>wrote:

> I have been watching the other thread with interest since I read through
> this list that video acceleration of h.264 is now available (although
> beta).  However, the list has gone far off topic and I have lost
> interest, and started this.
>
> Has anyone tried to incorporate the new driver into Myth (0.21) yet? I
> understand myth uses mplayer for tv playback, so is it a patch to turn
> on this functionality (like the skiploopfilter patch)?
>
> Interested to know if anyone has attempted and if they are successful.

There is a very preliminary patch by Isaac posted recently to the
developer's list.  Check it out in the archives if you're game but it's
probably very very alpha type stuff right now.  That being said, results are
promising and I'm very encouraged that MythTV will be right in line with
Nvidia as this develops.

Kevin