[mythtv-users] Remote suddenly stopped working

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Thu Nov 20 17:20:47 UTC 2008

>If you run irw as root, can you connect?

Ok, lots of posts here---thanks for all the help.

IRW as root gives a hanging terminal screen, so it appears to be working, I
get no errors. Remote presses show nothing on the screen. Now I've used irw
before both in the past when setting up a remote, and when configuring my
remote. I think irw is working and connecting just fine. It just doesn't see
my remote presses.

$ ps -A | grep lirc
3828 ?	00:00:00 lircd

That's what I get for that command

$ cd /dev
$ ls -al | grep lirc    that returns:
crw-rw----	1 root	root	61,	0 2008-11-19 12:52 lirc0
srw-rw-rw-	1 root	root		0 2008-11-19 12:52 lircd

Then I'd do a

#irw /dev/lircd
 ---I'll have to try that one later when I'm at home (at the office now).

Ok, so did any of this help? Any ideas for me?
-Thanks
-Steve