[mythtv-users] I want mythfrontend number keys to just be number keys not cellphone texting keys

Pat Pierce raker1000 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 18:53:44 UTC 2008

> Which to me indicates exactly why these things should _not_ be options.
>
> 5 pages+ of misc settings is not good for the UI. Especially if 90% of those settings are just to please <5% of the user base.

If someone puts a new feature in (to any software), there is a 99.9% chance
that someone in the user base will want to turn that feature off. One of the
reasons that mythtv is so liked is that you can greatly customize the
experience,
and make it what you want to make it. Most of the UI features CAN be toggled,
and this is good for everyone. If that means there are many pages of settings,
it is likely that someone knows which setting is going to do what you need it
to. Then if you have problems, you can post to this user group and, wow,
get an answer.