[mythtv-users] sms/email interface

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Nov 21 05:09:46 UTC 2008

On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, MailingListJ wrote:

> does anybody have any ideas for an sms interface for mythtv.  Or an
> email interface, any interface which doesn't involve web traffic..... or
> at least a way that i can get involved and write one to contribute?

I was just thinking about that. I've written some AIM bots in the past, and
was thinking about an AIM and/or Jabber (Google talk etc) bot that would let
me talk to my Myth machine. I had gotten as far as looking at the telnet
interface, but hadn't actually come up with what I wanted to do with it.

I suppose one might want to ask for status info (like the Status screen of
Mythweb), and possibly receive asynchronous notifications, such as IMs when
recordings or jobs start/stop.