[mythtv-users] Just how great can VDPAU be?

James Crow james at ultratans.com
Fri Nov 21 18:17:19 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 12:20 -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> James Crow wrote:
> > I had some trouble finding one with component and s-video out. In the
> > end I made one.
>
> Every component-capable video card I have ever seen has supported also
> s-video.  It just uses a breakout cable that plugs into a modified
> s-video port for the component output.

Some of the cards I have did not come with a cable supporting s-video or
composite, only component. Perhaps I would just need a different cable,
but I did not explore that option.

I am glad that I did get the 8400 series card. I just check NewEgg and
the only low profile ready, fanless, component/s-video out card I saw
was a 7200GS and would not work with the new video API. Guess I just
lucked out with the card I bought.

Cheers,
James