[mythtv-users] Does MythTV Channel Scanner require dvb-apps to be installed?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 01:41:19 UTC 2008

I've been getting those "not found in PAT" errors and the general view
seemed to be that the fix is to rescan the channels after deleting all
the existing ones. I deleted all the existing channels but then found
I couldn't do a channel scan. In Channel Editor I went into Channel
Scanner and chose Full Scan for Australia but nothing happened.

I then installed linuxtv-dvb-apps from ATrpms and found that the
MythTV channel scanner then worked.

My question is does the MythTV channel scanner require dvb-apps to
work? If so perhaps that should be a package dependency during
installation. I raise this in case others have a similar problem and
this might help them solve it.

Regards,
Phill