[mythtv-users] semi-transparent screensaver

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 24 19:32:12 UTC 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 11:15 AM, Florin Andrei wrote:

> Yan Seiner wrote:
>>
>> man xbacklight
>
> Somehow I doubt this will work on a 58" plasma screen connected over
> HDMI to the Myth box. And even if it does, I'm still not inclined to
> try it.
>
> I'm looking for a generic solution, not a hardware hack. I find it
> hard
> to believe I'm the first one to think about this issue, since it's a
> standard feature on so many DVD players.

There must be a screensaver for xscreensaver that just dims the
screen. There is one here compiled for the Mac (using xscreensaver for
the Mac) along with the source code, so I imagine it can be compiled
for linux as well. I just haven't done it:
http://spazioinwind.libero.it/tpecorella/uselesssoft/software.htm