[mythtv-users] Recording shows that break for the news

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 24 22:41:24 UTC 2008

On 11/24/2008 05:28 PM, Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> Paul Hurley wrote:
>
>> I've just built my first Myth System using Mythbuntu 8.10.  It's worked
>> really well, and a lot easier than I thought, now I'm getting to bit's
>> that don't seem obvious.
>>
>> So, stupid question #1, I tried to record a film (Star Wars V) on UK via
>> DVB-T.  The film was in two parts, with a news update in the middle, and
>> myth didn't work out they were both connected.  Is it possible to tell
>> myth they're the same film ?  Or is this a fault with the EPG data that
>> I can't do anything about ?
>>
> You can always set up 2 manual records....

Or a record past end of show.  I don't think there's anything in the
listings to relate the 2 halves together, but I don't know for sure
(since they don't do that around here).  I do know there has been a lot
of discussion of this in the past (though I haven't seen any for a
couple of years, now).  Might want to check the archives.

Mike