[mythtv-users] Recording shows that break for the news

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 23:53:27 UTC 2008

On 24/11/2008, Paul Hurley <paul at paulhurley.co.uk> wrote:

>  So, stupid question #1, I tried to record a film (Star Wars V) on UK via
>  DVB-T.  The film was in two parts, with a news update in the middle, and
>  myth didn't work out they were both connected.  Is it possible to tell
>  myth they're the same film ?  Or is this a fault with the EPG data that
>  I can't do anything about ?

The tv_grab_uk_rt XMLTV grabber does not link two halves of a film
together. I do not use EIT listings for those channels available via
XMLTV, but guess the same applies.

The uk_rt grabber could be altered to create a single Film programme
element if it saw two Films having the same name sandwiched between a
programme containing "News" in the title, with the second film's
description containing the words "Conclusion" or "Concluding".

I schedule a majority of recordings via MythWeb, and usually notice
via the Film search or listings view if a film is split in half by the
news (the same would apply to mythfrontend though).

In MythWeb, I usually set such films to record as "Record at any time
on channel xxxx." and turn off duplicate detection. Once the film has
recorded successfully in both parts, I delete the rule to avoid any
further recordings.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: