[mythtv-users] 0.22 Release Schedule?

Marc Randolph mrand at pobox.com
Tue Nov 25 04:25:26 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 8:19 PM,  <lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com> wrote:
> From: Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
>
>>No. Release dates are never planned. The plan is that when all the bugs
>> marked for 0.22 are fixed or pushed off to a later release, then 0.22 will
>> happen.
>>You can follow the roadmap to see which bugs those are:
>>http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/roadmap
>
> Thanks - not trying to demand anything, just curious.

They aren't planned long in advance like Ubuntu, but myth developers
did let it be known several months before-hand that the 0.21 release
was coming.[1]

Also, when it came down to release time, many things were quickly
pushed out of the 0.21 bucket.  For the month that proceeded that
release, the number of tickets that were open went up and down, but
averaged about 60.  This suddenly fell by half about a week before
release, and then fell by half again a few days before release, where
it remained.

Long story short, there haven't been any semi-formal announcements.
I'm not a dev, but I'm personally not expecting it within the next 3
months, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were 6 months out.  Maybe
more.  Maybe less.

   Marc

[1]  http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/304388