[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 8.10 audio issues

barbex barbex at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 10:42:22 UTC 2008

> fine except audio in the frontend where I have two issues:
>
> 1. Audio starts muted in the frontend box. I need to reach out for the
> keyboard, open xterm and unmute it with alsamixer everytime I boot the box

Oh, that sounds familiar! Exactly what I have on my fresh install of
Ubuntu 8.10.
There seems to be a brand new flavor of bugs with Intrepid and
pulseaudio. I haven't been able to solve the problem but some people
have, maybe you can find something that helps you here (last nights
search, my problems are on a laptop, so some things may not apply
directly to your problem) :

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/223103
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/292129

Good Luck!