[mythtv-users] Digital Pegs CPU

Paulin paulin at spextreme.com
Wed Nov 26 02:10:17 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 8:49 PM, Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 26/11/2008, Paulin <paulin at spextreme.com> wrote:
>
> > I currently have a VIA EPIA M10000 (1ghz processor) with 512 RAM running
> > MiniMyth.  When I run an analog program (recorded or live) from the
> backend
> > it looks pretty good.  The CPU is running around 70%.  However when I run
> > Digital signal (live or recorded) the picture pauses regularly (about
> every
> > 30 seconds), kinda like a buffer playing catchup.  Anyway I've noticed
> the
> > CPU is pegged at 100% so I believe that is really the issue for the
> > stuttering.
> >
> > At one point during my earlier playing around things were working, so I'm
> > thinking my problem is with a configuration or tweak.  What should I look
> > for?  Any ideas what I should be focusing on and where I should tweak?
>
> If your VIA video driver supports XvMC, do you have that specified in
> your mythfrontend Playback profile? Previous messages seem to suggest
> that the XvMC is limited to SDTV material.
>
> --
> Nick Morrott

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not clear on what you mean.
1. Playback profile?  Where is that?  I see the recording profile and
Playback under Settings : TV Settings but no Playback Profile.  Where should
I look
2. XvMC?  How would I check this.  Here is the page to the board I purchased
(http://www.logicsupply.com/products/m10000g)

Thanks
steve