[mythtv-users] I want mythfrontend number keys to just be number keys not cellphone texting keys

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 12:43:58 UTC 2008

> Seems to me that the user should be able to change high impact
> user-preference type settings like this right where you'd want to
> change it... on this very screen.  Kinda like how cell phones let you
> change between multi-tap and predictive text WHILE you are typing an
> SMS.  Imagine if a cell phone made you go up and over four or five
> menus just to change that setting!

High impact? I've been using myth since 0.18 (tried 0.17 but never got
it working before .18 was released) and I've NEVER encountered this
problem. My numbers act exactly like numbers. Of course, I also have a
full keyboard plugged in that I usually use whenever I need to input
more than the channel number, and I have the line edit keyboard turned
on... though I don't recall ever setting that (I presume it was the
default setting). Just because you don't like going through pages of
configuration, doesn't mean it isn't needed. If you want to
contribute... work on the documentation... then people will KNOW what
all those settings are for.

~Jon