[mythtv-users] Advice on Building a Quiet MythTV Box?

Jake Anderson yahoo at vapourforge.com
Wed Nov 26 12:56:37 UTC 2008

I have a case similar to this one
http://www.silverstonetek.com/products/p_contents.php?pno=lc10m&area=usa
I paid ~$120 for it

with a quad core CPU in it
6 gb of ram
3x 320gb hdd's
1x 420gb hdd
600PSU twin fan PSU
7600GT
2x tuner cards (full height)

It has 4x 80mm fans in it, 1 in front of the hdd's
2 at the back and one near the CPU.

Thing is its a really solid case, quite heavy, with nice quality fans.
Its quieter than my desktop with an 8800GT and a core 2 4400 (2ghz).

I can't hear it over the fishtank and even if that's off you still
really have to listen for it to hear it.

You really need to ask how quiet it needs to be ;->

(btw I'm not actually deaf ;-P last dive medical my hearing was above
average)