[mythtv-users] Mass lossless mpeg2 transcode

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Wed Nov 26 19:52:18 UTC 2008

Nicolas Will wrote:
> Now, I'm looking for a way to fill the job queue with all my
> previous/existing recordings for auto-mpeg2 lossless transcoding, or
> any method with equivalent results.

In the frontend, you can add all your recordings to a playlist, and then
using playlist options, set a user job to run on all the recordings.

Just press your menu key while in the recorded programs screen and add any
groups/recordings to a playlist.  Then press the menu key again and under
playlist options choose the option to run a selected job.

I forget the exact keypresses, but that's how I did a transcode of about 100
programs I realized were not auto-transcoded.

Brian