[mythtv-users] Mounting NFS shares on FE for consistent directory structure

Jonathan Seawright opustormy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 23:08:16 UTC 2008

Here's an idea... I mean, I come from a completely different background (I'm
more of a programmer than a networking guru)

If you want to wait for your BE to wake up, you could write a program that
would make the FE "wait" (in essence, the computer would be running a loop
for a pre-determined amount of time, hopefully enough to give you enough
time for the other computer to get online, so when you get to the point in
your boot up sequence to mount your drives, the BE will be ready.)

I would think you would have to place that in your boot scripts folder, and
place your wake-up script higher on the list.

Meh, I'm not sure if this will do much, but good luck!

Jonathan S.