[mythtv-users] Remote contorl setup help - logtech

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 27 01:59:14 UTC 2008

MailingListJ wrote:
> Hello,
>  I need help setting up my logtech harmony 550 and I'm not having any
> luck..... any ideas?
>
> I tired
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup#Section_1:_Technical_setup_information_for_Harmony_Remotes
> but I can't get irrecord to work... it can't find the device? I'm not
> sure but if anybody has any ideas or the files that I can use with what
> config to give the harmony let me know?
> -J

I have that remote, and I have my LIRC setup to emulate a Hauppauge 350
remote.  I'm using a receiver from irblaster.info.  I just had to tell
the Logitech Harmony software what the PVR remote I wanted to emulate
and it set it up for me.  It worked pretty well right out of the gate.
The major keys that I can recommend are:

1) Tell the Logitech software what your PVR remote is going to be
2) Configure LIRC appropriately for your distro to match that remote
3) Make sure you have LIRC detecting your receiver.

Hope that helps!
Harry