[mythtv-users] Good TV-Out card for HD

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Nov 28 15:09:25 UTC 2008

Le vendredi 28 novembre 2008 à 09:58 -0500, Paulin a écrit :
> I'm investigating putting a TV-Out card in my Dell Inspiron 2.2 gHz
> Dual Core system.  Currently it is the backend with a frontend running
> though a old CRT monitor.  I want to hook it to a HD Ready TV.
>

> So i'm looking for recommendations.  What should I be looking for?
>

> Currently I was looking at two NVidia cards:
>

> CHAINTECH P-FX20 GeForce FX 5200 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card
>
> PNY VCGFX522PEB GeForce FX 5200 256MB 128-bit DDR PCI Video Card
>

> I'm not sure exactly what I should be looking for in a TV out.  My TV support most things DVI, S-Video, composite.   So any insight, suggestions would be appreciated.

With VDPAU, hardware acceleration of HD decoding and other good things,
announced by NVIDIA and code already being tested within MythTV, I would
look at anything inside the list mentionned in this post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/357332#357332

You can get 8400 PCIe fanless cards for about $30.

Someone posted a link to a PCI card on this list.

Nico