[mythtv-users] Stability of the win32 port

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 17:20:50 UTC 2008

2008/11/28 victor rajewski <askvictor at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 1:23 PM, Owen Hollands <
> owenhollands+mythtv at gmail.com <owenhollands%2Bmythtv at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> How stable is the Win32 port (using version 0.21?)
>>
>> I am looking for a better solution for my wife to access myth
>> recordings from her Windows laptop.  She it currently using a
>> combination of mythweb/mplayer, which while it works is not ideal.
>

> I'm not sure if this works, not having used it myself, but you might
> consider XBMC + mythtv frontend script. XBMC can run on windows, the mythtv
> script is python, the video files are shared via samba.

Even better, the latest XBMC builds on windows support Myth out of the box,
I've sucesfully used it to connect to my BE running 0.21-fixes. You need to
add a new source:

myth://mythtv@<mythip>/

I have default db passwords of mythtv/mythtv though, so you may need a
:<password> bit before the @.

Cheers,

Ian