[mythtv-users] OT: Mount problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Nov 29 17:08:37 UTC 2008

On 11/29/2008 11:12 AM, MailingListJ wrote:
>  script (to mount smb) doesn't run from rc.local and only works on some
> machines
>
> Ok so I have a script which runs a few other scripts (in subfolders of
> the first script) in order to mount some unix/linux shares) Anyway, when
> I run the file from rc.local and try to pipe the output into a file the
> file is empty and the shares are not mounted. however when I run the
> file it mounts everything.... any ideas?
>
> Also, the script doesn't work on my wireless clients... any ideas?

Assumption:  You're actually trying to mount the Samba/Windows share
using CIFS (you should be, as smbfs is deprecated).

If so, make sure your program mount.cifs (and/or mount.smbfs) exists in
the /sbin directory.  If it's any other directory, it won't work right.
You can either move it (risking problems with package managers) or
create a symlink:

ln -s /sbin/mount.cifs /usr/sbin/mount.cifs

or whatever.

Mike